[Home][Scroll down to ALPHABETICAL INDEX for topics]


Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Circumnavigating the "globe" with a gyroscope test.




Here are a series of photos I took this morning to show how a gyroscope that runs continually as you circumnavigate the globe will tilt, relative to the ground, as the globe turns if it's indeed a globe earth. We'll start the flywheel up in a horozontal position in Colombia on the equator...  




I'm holding a replica of a rotating disc in the same position relative to, say, the North Star. You can see that my silver disk is in pretty much the same position as I go around the side of the globe....



I'm now pulling the globe clockwise with my pinky finger while holding the disc in the same position relative to the curtain in the background...



I've pulled the globe counter clockwise by a quarter turn-- through 90 degrees. I'm holding the disc in the same relative position compared to where it was, against the curtain as a backdrop-- which in real life would be the stars or the North Star. Clearly, the disc is on its edge relative to the surface of the globe. This should happen in real life too. Why is there so much knashing of teeth over this simple proof? Why are people saying that it's not cost effective, for example, to build a 3 axis powered gyroscope consumer model that can demonstrate this simple fact? Why? Why?



Let's take it a step further and move the disc into a horozontal spinning position over Arizona where I live. Here's what that looks like...




Now I'm just moving my hand without moving the globe to show you where I'm taking the disk. It's a rough approximation but that's all I need. I don't need to be really precise with this proof because the degree of movement and the amount of rotation of the disc is significant enough that the point can be proven with a large degree of error...




As I move the disc around the globe, you can see that it's in a tilted position relative to the surface of the earth after moving 90 degrees. It's "almost" on its edge but not quite. It's sort of on an angle and certainly not horozontal....





Finally, I've pulled Arizona with my pinky around 90 degrees and you can see the disk is high on its edge... not quite 90, but much higher than horozontal. In other words, the demonstration works "good enough" in Arizona as at the equator.


The following picture of me shows that I wear lights on my glasses. In the future, everyone will because it's useful. Why are we walking around without lights projecting out of eyes? It's crazy. It's as crazy as not finding a 3 axis powered gyroscope for verifying globe vs. flat earth.





Just so you don't think I'm a wacked out nut case-- or at least, if I am, that I have lots of wacked out nut case readers-- here is a list of the attendance of my latest posts here. Hundreds of people read each of my important ground breaking and well written fun posts. Hundreds.  Doesn't that tell you something? Doesn't that tell you that there are curious wacked out people out there who understand where I'm going with these ideas. Consider the possibility that we're NOT wacked out. Consider, for example that the rest of the world is wacked out and WE are wacked "in". In effect. WE are the Unwacky Ones... the real ones...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I'm Captain Rick of the Virtual Circumference Voyage of Antarctica. I intend to prove definitively if Earth is flat or a sphere by paying careful attention to how many miles we cover as we travel "around" Antarctica. Flat earth theory says it's 50-60,000 miles. Spherical Earth theory says it 14,000 miles. Join me and ask any questions that you think would help our mission.