[Home][Scroll down to ALPHABETICAL INDEX for topics]


Monday, March 7, 2016

Aerial circumnavigations are always mostly north of the equator, not on it.

Geoshifter (with an Austrian accent like Arnold Schwarzenegger) has produced a number of flat earth videos, one of which was pointed out to me by Xx x who lives in Australia and who lives near Robert Williams who sponsors the Antarctic Cup race. See the index below for more on that. An interesting review of aerial circumnavigations was created by Geoshifter from Wikipedia circumnavigation-by-air information placing those circumnavigations on a flat earth map. Well done! Take a look. What most stands out in my mind is Geoshifter's point that none of the trips take place OVER the equator, but rather well north of it on established routes.

4 comments:

  1. the volvo ocean race goes from new zealand to the tip of south america very close to the 60th parallel , you can get a idea what the mileage is for > 1/4 the world is from their data

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!- I'll look into that in coming days.

      Delete
  2. I think that one of the last trips he talked about that is 37,000 miles is very odd indeed, and does not support the length of a globe model.

    Hopefully you'll shed more light on the subject as time goes on Rick. Good luck!
    I'm aware of GeoShifter's youtube page, he gets a lot of hate I've noticed for expressing his opinions and ideas. I however have enjoyed every video I've ever watched from him. Thanks for sharing and making me aware of one more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched it again just now since you pointed to it and I noted that Geoshifter notes that nobody flying E/W has decided to fly along the equator. I thought that was interesting.

    Another interesting thought is to look for the most southerly circumnavigation but maybe the people looking into commercial flights between South Africa, South America and Australia have that side of it covered.

    Maybe I ought to start looking for commerical flight combinations with published flight times and take a VIRTUAL circumnavigation as best as I can figure between continents as far south as I can get. I think that might be a new idea-- what do you think?

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I'm Captain Rick of the Virtual Circumference Voyage of Antarctica. I intend to prove definitively if Earth is flat or a sphere by paying careful attention to how many miles we cover as we travel "around" Antarctica. Flat earth theory says it's 50-60,000 miles. Spherical Earth theory says it 14,000 miles. Join me and ask any questions that you think would help our mission.