[Home][Scroll down to ALPHABETICAL INDEX for topics]


Friday, April 8, 2016

U.S. Navy 30 min 1967 documentary on Antarctic & possible clues

As of April 8, 2016, today, I only found this newsreel from 1967 made by the U.S. Navy. I'll review it in coming days with an ear and eye trained on anomalies consistent with our suspicion that Antarctica is a rim that's 60,000 miles in diamter-- not "an island at the bottom of the world" that is 15,000 miles around. Other paths I'm taking include personal video diaries of Antarctic workers and amateur vlogs of flights to and from various research stations. In these, I'll be listening and watching for any indication of trips between research stations to compare time and distance in reality vs. what is consistent with either flat or spherical earth. I'll watch for those infamous Inspection Tours-- of which none seem to have been conducted in many years-- possibly 10 years. Anyway, I'll be enjoying the following Navy production over coming hours and days and invite you to join me over popcorn as I continue my virtual circumnavigation of Antarctica.  Trump made a very fast and inexplicable reference to Antarctica several months ago. I wish I had noted that here when it happened. Now I'll have to look for it.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick, if it is possible to set a "clockwise" route and earth is a plane, wouldn't land mass or ice edge be on the left side of a ship and if earth a globe, land mass or the continent on the right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to draw a diagram for myself to check on that one. It was an exciting and interesting idea for five minutes.

    It turns out that on a top down view of Antarctica as a globe, going east from South America to Africa is clockwise so Antarctica is on your right.

    To sail the same mission from South America to Africa on a flat earth projection, you're still going east but counterclockwise.

    So I think the commonality for reference is to choose to sail "east" rather than "clockwise" since the clock goes in reverse from globe projection to flat projection.

    This is a question for geometry experts and perhaps physicists who understand mirrors and things like that. My answer to you is that sailing east from South America to Africa on either projection puts Antarctica on your right in both cases.

    Thanks for the question. You almost had me there but I'm on my 2nd beer before dinner and after watching Trump in Albany so I was slightly handicapped.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regardless of nomenclature,which needs to be correct of course, the premise should hold true provided there is consistency. KISS principle.

    I did find it disappointing that your reply belies a belief that an honest question was an attempt to trip you up and that a little alchohol affected your ability to reason. Pretty small minded of you to project much personal meaning to this, that somehow you are at risk...are you sure you are interested in truth?

    ReplyDelete
  5. To your point-- My answer to you is that sailing east from South America to Africa on either projection puts Antarctica on your right in both cases. I don't believe the clockwise/counterclockwise aspect of it is relevent.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I'm Captain Rick of the Virtual Circumference Voyage of Antarctica. I intend to prove definitively if Earth is flat or a sphere by paying careful attention to how many miles we cover as we travel "around" Antarctica. Flat earth theory says it's 50-60,000 miles. Spherical Earth theory says it 14,000 miles. Join me and ask any questions that you think would help our mission.