[Home][Scroll down to ALPHABETICAL INDEX for topics]


Friday, May 27, 2016

Measuring speed on water and in the air become a major problem for me.


Measuring speed on water and in the air become a major problem for me. 

I've been considering the problem of the distance around Antarctica as a way to verify a flat vs. a spherical earth for about a year now. Not once, in that time, have I really thought about how speed is measured-- on water or air. I'm familiar enough and trusting enough of the odometer in my car that I don't worry about land speed. It's speed over water and air that has me vexed now. I see all sorts of analyses and technical ways of understanding it when I do a search but frankly, I'm not grasping it as fully as I need to. It's a loose end. Without it, this mission is doomed. 

As a recent post I wrote began sinking in-- the one about the stupid computerized buoy's "they" are placing all over the world's oceans-- THOUSANDS upons THOUSANDS of them-- (financed by who again?)-- I started wondering exactly HOW they determined that a buoy would help determine that the speed of the ANTARCTIC CIRCUMNAVIGATION CURRENT (with it's own acronym ACC)-- was determined to be 1 knot or... in other articles I've seen 5 knots. NOTE that the difference is of an order of magnitude that could be the difference between a 15,000 vs. a 60,000 mile coast line for Antarctica. How convenient for "them" that there is "mass confusion" over this issue and that it's likely that not one-in-ten-million-people knows how to compute speed over water and air, either with ancient "old fashioned" methods nor modern "lying" GSP (which is NOT based on satellites-- which don't exist). 

I'm weary already. I'll continue to construct this entry over coming days. Right now, I have to tend to chores... the chores of a slave-human.



The following video will be turned into a youtube playlist in coming days and weeks as I learn more about how to measure distance in water and air. It turns out that I'm going to have to dig into this to be able to confirm or deny the distances various people are claiming is the distance around Antarctica. Join me in watching these videos as I teach myself how to navigate so we can understand the true distance around Antarctica-- and what to watch for if we watch others going around Antarctica.






Update on Sat. morning May 28, 2016. 
I only have 5 minutes to throw another idea into this post-- 

From  http://oceanmotion.org/guides/n_1/n_teacher_1.htm
quote 
The fundamental flaw in using this log line method to determine distance is that it does not account for the effects of surface currents. The log line method measures the speed of the ship relative to the surface water. It provides no means to estimate how fast the water itself flows. If a boat is carried westward by a strong current, the log line method will not reveal the existence of the current. This fact is related to Newton’s First Law of Motion, which states that steady motion in a straight line is “natural” and undetectable without reference to an outside reference object.
unquote

Rick continues-- Of course! How simple this concept is--- once you think about it. HOW am I  supposed to measure distance around Antarctica when I don't even know how distance is measured on the water-- and I didn't even understand the very basics of measuring speed on water-- or air for that matter. The OceanMotion.org link above provided this diagram of a log line used in determination of speed on water... It's actually a very tricky system. It's a problem... and if its a problem of this nature, it might be another key to unlocking the mystery of the length of the Antarctica coastline.

oceanmotion.org/guides/n_1/n_teacher_1.htm
To explain how ocean surface currents affect the path of floating objects. ..... Sailors measured the speed of the ship using the count of knots in the rope unrolled ..

2 comments:

  1. sorry but satellites exists for a special purpose : topography and communication further above Earth. Earth doesn't stop to antarctica man, do you think all stop there? No satellites at all around a ball has never confirm : no satellite at all. You acting , not only you, like a fly in a bottle... any flat earther acting like a fly in a bottle, and insiders do the job to let the fly in a bottle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I think I'll leave this link for the guy that doesn't understand english.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRKz82v5JQY

      Rick, I will have you know that I am neither a FE or RE, but your quest for truth, I believe, is the only correct way of tackling this problem. You could stick a modern FE and RE in a room and never make any headway on finding what is actually above our heads, but with your method, you started from the ground up, and I love following with you as we all can learn a little more about our world.

      Delete

Hi, I'm Captain Rick of the Virtual Circumference Voyage of Antarctica. I intend to prove definitively if Earth is flat or a sphere by paying careful attention to how many miles we cover as we travel "around" Antarctica. Flat earth theory says it's 50-60,000 miles. Spherical Earth theory says it 14,000 miles. Join me and ask any questions that you think would help our mission.