[Home][Scroll down to ALPHABETICAL INDEX for topics]


Sunday, June 7, 2015

Byrd's "teams" covered different shores of Antarctica?


I don't know what to make of this. I'll dig into it deeper later. I think what we're looking at here is a map of how Byrd's teams covered different parts of Antarctica. I'll post the source later-- I'm too tired to figure this out today. First of all-- I didn't know there were Byrd "teams". I certainly didn't know they were covereing different parts of Antarctica. And looky here-- they ALMOST circumnavigated the island again... like Amundsen's "almost" circumnavigation. It seems that the ONLY things to circumnavigate Antarctica are the now NUMEROUS balloons. (See index under balloons).

2 comments:

  1. Here's Alex [2nd right in pic above] in his Hugo Boss suit jumpng from the mast.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/active/11310563/Extreme-sailing-why-Im-going-round-the-world-again.html

    http://www.alexthomsonracing.com/

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4loB_UGxw8

    quite the showman. Do not attempt this in Antarctica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry, meant for Vendee Globe piece.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I'm Captain Rick of the Virtual Circumference Voyage of Antarctica. I intend to prove definitively if Earth is flat or a sphere by paying careful attention to how many miles we cover as we travel "around" Antarctica. Flat earth theory says it's 50-60,000 miles. Spherical Earth theory says it 14,000 miles. Join me and ask any questions that you think would help our mission.

Latest Entries