[Home][Scroll down to ALPHABETICAL INDEX for topics]


Monday, June 15, 2015

Zhib Rohn used Google and other "online data" to try to prove distance between stations not consistent with ice rim.

Zhib Rohn disabled his comments and the embedding in his video where he tried to prove that distance between the Antarctic stations is not consistent with an ice rim. If he had not disabled the comments, I would point out to him that using Google data and other "online distance calculators" is a fallacy-- that the only way to get the true distance between stations is through slogging away as I am to find ANY distance and time information AT ALL-- as reported on blogs, inspection reports, anecdotes or other random sources. THOSE are few-- and practically non existent. I simply cannot find any Antarctica tourist, researcher or blogger who can tell me true experiences of travel between stations. The few that I DO have are fairly sparse in their data and their reports. Short of setting up a journey myself, I currently do not see how it can be done without a CONTROLLED MEDIATED output. EVEN the yacht races around Antarctica conducted for decades (they say) do NOT have the type of reporting and diary that allows for easy confirmation of distances. Just as those people who report the lack of non-stop flights in the southern hemisphere on Youtube, I'm encountering a LACK of true information. So Zhib Rohn's idea that he can simply verify a non-ice rim Antarctica from the highly controlled Google or the probably controlled online distance calculators who likely use GIGO (garbage in garbage out) data sets from NSA or USGS etc.-- is folly. Still, Zhib Rhon's video is INTERESTING from my point of view because he took EXACTLY my point-- to try to determine if Antarctica is an island or ice rim. He didn't think through the distance in numbers-- he says merely "thousands of miles" would be required between stations. I would say an order of magnitude of 4 to 5X the official distance would be needed to convert about 15,000 mile island to a 60,000 mile ice rim. I'm currently working on the geometry of Antarctica-- and what math transformation would be needed to convert a convex circle to a concave disc with a rim... and how the longitude lines are converted from converging to diverging. ALL organizations in the world would have to be on the "same page" on this transformation either knowingly or unknowingly as dupes with only need to know data. The LACK OF INTRA Antarctica station flight time and distance data and the LACK of such clear cut data from Vendee Globe yacht race-- is my best clue so far-- the LACK of a transparent and fully circumnavigational inspection tour documenting the time and distance using citizen checkable data and spot checking with blogger accounts, and other cross checks-- it's the LACK of this that seems interesting to me. Zhib Rohn TOO EASILY uses electronic derived sources and Google as a source and thus proves nothing to me.

There is no embed allowed but here's the link:[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2-9oG6lB70">Zhib Rhanhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2-9oG6lB70




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I'm Captain Rick of the Virtual Circumference Voyage of Antarctica. I intend to prove definitively if Earth is flat or a sphere by paying careful attention to how many miles we cover as we travel "around" Antarctica. Flat earth theory says it's 50-60,000 miles. Spherical Earth theory says it 14,000 miles. Join me and ask any questions that you think would help our mission.

Latest Entries