[Home][Scroll down to ALPHABETICAL INDEX for topics]


Sunday, June 7, 2015

Why did Amundsen "almost" circumnavigate yet fail a complete circuit?


I found this map of Amundsen's route. I've never seen it before. I'll research it more later. You can see that he "almost" went around-- but did not. So close, yet so far-- for our purpose. Note also that he went to South Pole from the routine way in through what is now McMurdo-- the US Military Base-- they don't call it that- but it's military from what I can gather. This common way to South Pole is consistent again with my last post that NOBODY goes to South pole from the "right side" of Antarctica-- they all enter South Pole from 6:00 to 12:00 (I'll get longitudes later, I forgot them here). I forget which side they call east and west... I think the left side near the Peninsula is "west" and "east" is to the right of the 12:00 position. 

1 comment:

Hi, I'm Captain Rick of the Virtual Circumference Voyage of Antarctica. I intend to prove definitively if Earth is flat or a sphere by paying careful attention to how many miles we cover as we travel "around" Antarctica. Flat earth theory says it's 50-60,000 miles. Spherical Earth theory says it 14,000 miles. Join me and ask any questions that you think would help our mission.

Latest Entries