[Home][Scroll down to ALPHABETICAL INDEX for topics]


Friday, June 19, 2015

Slicing up Antarctica island like pizza and flipping pieces around creates a problem.

Below, I've drawn a circle and sliced it up like a pizza. It represents the island of Antarctica. I shaded in  3 continent areas. I drew dots to represent stations. Below that, I flipped the slices around so the center is on the outside and station dots are around the perimeter of a flat earth Antarctica. I drew a rough sketch of some continental masses in the middle. 



PROBLEMS

  • Pizza slices have curved convex edges now instead of smooth circle edges of an island. I've never seen maps or any indication that the edge goes like that. 
  • The question marks represent NEW areas created by the flipped pizza slices that would have to exist but are not any any map and can't be accounted for
  • I've never seen flat earthers do this transformation let alone address these two problems. 



2 comments:

  1. WHY would you think that the "flat" earth SHOULD resemble a pizza?
    There's no point in any flat earther responding, as it's just a subjective interpretation on your part with no corroborating or empirical evidence to prove that it should be or is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The empirical evidence is a pizza-- a perfectly valid geometric shape. The outer edge of delicious crust would be the ice wall. The continents would be the pepperoni. The oceans would be the tomato sauce. So how can you say there is no corroborating or empirical evidence. A pizza, furthermore, is flat and disc shaped-- just like the flat earth theories propose. You're way out of line AND you've made me hungry. Thanks for posting here, nevertheless. Seriously, I don't quite get your point but if you want to expand on your problem with the geometric analogy, I would be happy to contemplate it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I'm Captain Rick of the Virtual Circumference Voyage of Antarctica. I intend to prove definitively if Earth is flat or a sphere by paying careful attention to how many miles we cover as we travel "around" Antarctica. Flat earth theory says it's 50-60,000 miles. Spherical Earth theory says it 14,000 miles. Join me and ask any questions that you think would help our mission.

Latest Entries